What is Rufus?
Rufus is a utility which makes it easy to format and create bootable USB drive from ISO image. It is very fast and simple application. Rufus can works without any installation and is generally straightforward to setup. You can download it free.
What can do with it?
- Creating USB installation media from bootable ISOs.
- Flashing a BOIS or other firmware from DOS.
- Running a low-level utility.
- Working on a system that doesn’t have an operating system installed.
- Formatting USB, flash and virtual drives.
- Creating DOS bootable USB drives.
- Creating BIOS or UEFI bootable drives.
- Creating bootable drives from bootable ISOs (Windows, Linux, etc.).
Advantages of Rufus.
Rufus is a free application. It can use without any installation. After download it you can run it very quickly. It can setup very easily without any complication. Its files size is very small and you can download it very quickly. I think it is very help full for install operating systems quickly using flash drive without DVDs or CDs.
Need Windows 7 or latest, 32 or 64 bit doesn’t matter.
The latest version of Rufus is 3.0 and You can download all versions using below link:
Rufus 3.0 version Improvements.
- Improving support of efi.img files on Linux ISOs.
- Supporting for non-ISO9660 compliant openSUSE Leap ISOs.
- Translation supporting and removing manual positioning.
- ARM64 supporting for UEFI:NTFS
- Dropping Windows XP and Windows Vista platform support
Download it here.